Friday, August 20, 2010

Wal Mart Check-out

I went to Wal Mart for a few things this afternoon and today's trip reinforces my dislike for the place.
It's really not too much to ask that there be enough check-out lines open when you want to leave the store.  They have more than 24 check-out spaces, but only about 4-6 are open at any given time.  Farm Fresh used to have a guarantee that if there were more than two customers waiting ahead of you in a particular line, they'd open up another one.  (I think that was how it went.)  I wish that WM would get the hint and keep their customers from having to wait for so long to be able to leave. 

Is it a plan to forcibly keep people in the store?

Where I currently live, we don't have all that much of a choice when it comes to shopping.  There's Food Lion (3 different locations), Farm Fresh, and Wal Mart.  Also, there are lesser stores like: Dollar General, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree and Fresh Pride.  If you want to drive 20 miles or so, there's Harris Teeter and Chesapeake Square Mall.  Also, the people that come up from N.C. call the shopping carts "buggies" and I absolutely hate that.

This concept of not having enough check-out registers open must be common WM practice.  I remember back a few years ago when I lived in Kempsville, I had gone to shop at the WM at the intersection of Princess Anne Rd at Lynnhaven Parkway.  It was late at night and I was tired.  If I recall, it was close to the Christmas holidays.  Anyway, I was in the check-out line with a cart full of things and it was taking forever.  After waiting, by my estimate to have been over 40 minutes, I just couldn't take it anymore and walked out and left the full cart sitting there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment