Saturday, August 21, 2010

Slept Late

Man.  I couldn't believe that I slept so late this morning.  It was almost 10:00 am when I finally got up.  I had been up earlier to feed my cat and take BP medicine and go use the bathroom.  Lately, I've been staying up till midnight and I used to go to bed by 10:00 pm. 

I recently got a 4" thick memory foam mattress topper for my bed and it has made it more comfortable, but not perfect.  What I really need is a new mattress set with a real box spring unit and not the cheap foundation that doesn't have any give to it.  When I finally get a new job, the first thing I'm going to buy is a new mattress set.  I've been looking at The Original Mattress Company.

I have about 8-9 pillows on my bed and each one has it's purpose.  There's one for between my knees to support my lower back, there's neck pillow, one for my cat to sleep on, one for my feet to keep them separated, a few behind my back as I sleep on my left side.  I clutch a "huggie" pillow, but I have to make sure that my right shoulder is relaxed to keep from waking up with a sore shoulder.  Also, I sometimes wake up in the night with a sweaty pillow from my neck and head sweat and I rotate to a dry cooler one so I can fall back asleep.

I have been using an air mattress for several years and loved it, but little pricks from my cat's claws have been causing me to have air leaks.  Repair and re-inflate as I tried, but I was waking up all flat after being just fine when I fell asleep.  I couldn't find all of the holes.  If I had the money, I'd like to try a Sleep Number bed to see if it's all it's advertised to be.   

No comments:

Post a Comment