Monday, August 23, 2010

Mon_Aug23rd

I have to go to a doctor's appointment tomorrow with an ophthalmologist because when I went to my regular eye exam a couple of weeks ago, the doctor wanted me to get a second opinion.  When I was supposed to look at a piece of graph paper and describe the vertical and horizontal lines, I saw double lines with my right eye on the vertical lines.  Hopefully, everything's all right.  I've always had many "floaters" in my eyes and, other than that, I see fine.  My health insurance runs out at the end of this month and I need to decide soon what I'm going to do to replace it with.  I hear a lot about Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and I'm looking into something like that to see if it's more cost effective.

************************************************************************************

My mailman just came by and dropped off today's mail.  This is the first place that I have ever lived that has a mail slot in the front door instead of having a mailbox.  I wonder: Is it too much to ask that the letter carrier get the mail inside the door without it being all balled up?  Two items today and they are both all crumpled up.  I know that it's a thankless job, but they're certainly paid well enough for it. Sometimes, the flap stays open and hot, humid air comes in from outside.  In the winter, cold air comes in and makes the foyer chilly.  When I first moved here, back in February, the mail always got here by noon, almost like clockwork.  Now, I can never predict when he'll get here and he has come by sometimes as late as 6:00 pm.

************************************************************************************

Oh, by the way.  In the current events/US news today, we hear about the recreation over the weekend of the Vacationer-In-Chief and his family and their expansive entourage to Martha's Vineyard.  This is number 6 for his vacations this year in a climate where most Americans are too worried about other more pressing things like: How can I keep from losing my home, How can I secure a new job, How can I afford to send my kids to college this fall, etc... than where they can go to have fun while on the government's payroll.  I can't help but think of the French Revolution: "Years of feudal oppression and fiscal mismanagement led to a revolt."  Well, we've had about 18 months of feudal-type oppression so far from the Supreme Leader and the Left and the fiscal mismanagement by the Congress is such that my great-grandchildren will still be trying to pay off the Trillions that we currently owe to the Chinese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment