Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Political Rant

With the up-coming elections only 78 days away --
Is it too much to ask that our elected officials be required to both Read and Understand what is in a Bill [before Congress] before they cast their vote on it?  I think Not.
I would like to propose some kind of enforceable accountability as part of the oath that these politicians swear to when they take office.  What about transparency in government.  What's up with that? 
I say: No earmarks, no vote-buying, and no voting for something in order to find out what's in it.

Also, we need term limits.  If our president can only serve two terms, then law-makers should only get two terms, in my opinion.  Our founding fathers had no earthy concept of anyone wanting to or willing to sit in Washington for 40 to 50 years on the government payroll. 

Don't get me started on Lobbyists and that whole debacle.

Everyone needs to Vote on November 2nd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment