I just realized that today's date is: 10.10.10. Pretty weird, right?
"The 10th day of the 10th month of the 10th year of the millennium. And 10 is no ordinary number. In ancient Greece, the Pythagoreans valued 10 as a symbol of knowledge and of the universe. And it’s still important today: The first thing our parents did when we emerged into the world was count our fingers and toes, seeking sets of 10. Later, we learned to rate the finer things in life on a scale of – what else? – 1 to 10".*
Here are some other notable 10s to ponder:
1) 10 amendments to the Bill of Rights
2) A Basketball hoop is 10 feet above the floor with ten players.
3) God unleashed 10 plagues on the Egyptians in Old Testament history.
4) The 10 Commandments
5) The weather this weekend was a perfect 10.
6) Number 10 Downing Street -- home to the British Prime Minister
7) Ten is one of the perfect numbers (1+2+3+4), and signifies the perfection of Divine Order.
8) Counting from one to ten before speaking is often done in order to cool one's temper.
9) The traditional Eye chart uses 10 different letters.
10) The number of Canadian provinces
Also, oddly enough, my car's odometer reading was 101010 recently and I made a comment to my friends when I got to work that I was feeling very binary.