Saturday, October 23, 2010

Full Moon Friday

I meant to write this last night, but I was just too tired to stay up. 

When I was coming home from work late last night, the moon was so bright that there were shadows everywhere almost like daytime.  It was a sight to behold.  It made me think about a news story that I heard this week that a NASA mission last year which crashed a probe on the dark side of the moon had resulted in the discovery of water on the moon.  I have heard that fresh drinking water will someday be a very precious commodity for us as populations increase.  I wonder if we could someday mine water from the moon or would it be the potential for disaster if we somehow decreased the moon's mass and changed our own gravitational attraction?  It's something to think about.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment