Thursday, October 7, 2010

Been a long time

Well, it's been a long time since I had a few minutes to sit down and write something. . .

It has gotten kind of chilly this first week of October and I wasn't willing to be turning on my heat so soon.  I always look forward to this time of the year for some savings on cooling and heating costs for a month or so when as seasons change.  It's also nice to be able to sleep with a window open to get a cool breeze.  But, a couple of nights ago, I relented and turned up the thermostat to 68 degrees because it was 65 inside.  I think that it's strange that we (humans) feel comfortable in a cooler environment when it's really hot outside, but when it's cool outside, we want to be warmer. 
Somewhere, I heard that humans are most happy temperature-wise to be at or around 72 degrees Fahrenheit and I agree.

In other news, the seasonal job is going well with lots of overtime each week.  Today's paycheck is going to be really nice.  Having to sit for extended periods is still bothering me, but I've ordered a gel seat cushion from Amazon.com that I believe will help with that.  More and more new workers keep arriving each week and we're still entering the busiest time of the season.  I have to get to work in plenty of time to secure a good chair and there is a lot of switching all around from shift to shift. 

Time to jump in the shower so I can be on schedule for getting to work on time.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment