Friday, September 10, 2010

TGIF?!?

I woke this morning confused about what day it was.  Since Monday was a holiday, my days have been all mixed up.

After deciding that today was Friday, I made myself presentable and went to a really good job interview at 9:45.  It was with a staffing agency for a job with a local health care provider and I believe that things look very favorable for me at this point.  I was the first person to respond to the ad and, as far as I know, no one else has applied for it.  This job opening comes on the heels of an offer that I have just about committed myself to this week.  (I haven't heard the results of a drug screening done Wednesday afternoon.)  However, the newer one pays better and has better hours and has more potential.  On my way out of the interview, I got a voice mail message on my cell phone for another interview with another company.  After job-hunting for 15 months with little or no response, this is a bit overwhelming for me.

*************************************************************************************

My Siamese cat had a seizure early this morning and it freaked me out.  I have seen this happen to him two other times in the last year and a half.  He acts as if he's having a stroke and seems helpless and disoriented.  I held him for a few minutes and stroked him reassuringly, but he wanted to be let down.
After I returned home this afternoon, he has seemed quieter than usual and he didn't come to the door and greet me.  I've done some research on the internet and I called the vet and asked them and it seems that it isn't that uncommon.  One thing I read was that an "episode" like this is usually preceded by a period of increased activity.  And, come to think of it, he's been running around like a banshee for the past couple of days.       

No comments:

Post a Comment