Thursday, September 2, 2010

Small Beginnings

I had a very favorable interview today for a seasonal job that may last until Thanksgiving.  So, why is it that it didn't give me a sense of relief or make me feel any happier?  Even though I really need a full-time income again to try and recover from the financial losses that I've been through in the past year, I will look at this as a small "step of faith" that things are beginning to move in the right direction.

A dear friend of mine emailed me tonight with some words of encouragement.  He has been out of work longer than I have and, I believe, everyone should be so fortunate to have such a friend.  I have been able to rely on him as a ear to listen to my woes and as a shoulder to lean on and as a voice on the other end of the phone when I don't know who else to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment