Friday, September 3, 2010

Rain, rain, rain

As I sit here today, we're getting the benefits from rain associated with hurricane Earl skirting past the VA coastline.  I could hear the dripping on the outside of the windows and from the gutters even before I got out of bed this morning and it was such a pleasant sound.  We surely could have used this rainfall back in July.  I think that I got away with not having to cut my grass for a month because it was so dry outside.
And, of all the things this week that I recall being cancelled due to the impending storm, I thought that the most ridiculous thing was Amtrak suspending service to our region two days ago.

Here's why hurricanes are easier to deal with than other natural disasters:  We have the storms tracked and examined in excruciating detail for days and days before they get here.  In other parts of the country, the events of tornadoes, wild fires, earth quakes, flash floods, etc... come with little or no warning.   There's really no excuse for not being able to get out of the way of a hurricane these days.

************************************************************************************

I have been having some neck and shoulder pain this week and started taking the generic form of Aleve (Naproxen) about two days ago.  Almost at once, I started feeling like I had swollen ankles, so now, I've done some research on the side effects and find that fluid retention is listed.  Well, I guess I won't be taking anymore of that pain reliever.  Also, it didn't really seem to offer me much pain relief.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment